(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
Oak Creek Charter School is focused on providing a well-rounded education that addresses not only academic development but also physical health and character building. This approach is designed to prepare students for high school and equip them with the skills and values needed for success in the future.
The mission statement of OCCS outlines several key objectives and priorities:
1. Preparation for Success: OCCS aims to prepare students in Lee County, ranging from grades K-8, for success not only in their current academic endeavors but also in their future high school education and beyond. This is a long-term commitment to students' overall development.
2. Rigorous Curriculum: The school places a strong emphasis on providing students with a rigorous curriculum. This suggests that they want to challenge their students academically and ensure they receive a high-quality education that meets or exceeds state and national standards.
3. Ongoing Assessment Program: OCCS recognizes the importance of continuous assessment and monitoring of students' progress. Regular assessments can help identify areas where students may need additional support and allow the school to adjust its teaching methods accordingly.
4. Daily Instruction in Fitness and Health: In addition to academics, the school also prioritizes the physical well-being of its students by providing daily instruction in fitness and health. This indicates a holistic approach to education, emphasizing the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
5. Integrated Character Education Program: OCCS aims to instill positive character traits and values in its students. An integrated character education program can help students develop qualities like responsibility, respect, and empathy, which are essential for success in both academics and life.